Monday, April 5, 2010

Briana & Chuck - March 6, 2010


“Dear God…Please don’t make it rain today so that Briana and Chuck can have a beautiful wedding ceremony outside. Thank you.”

That was my first thought when I woke up on Saturday, March 6th. I knew that the weather called for a 90% chance of rain but I thought I’d pray one last time. As I made by way up to the Doubletree, San Pedro, it seemed like the weather, and God, were going to cooperate. I had been looking forward to this wedding for a long time!

Briana and I first met 4 years ago when I started my job at CresaPartners. When she asked me to help her coordinate her wedding, I couldn't have been more excited! Our first major planning decision was her wedding colors – Tiffany Blue and Red! I have to admit that I got a lot of strange looks when telling people about these colors. “Just wait!” I would tell them. “It’s going to be awesome!” Briana has such a free spirit about her and this wedding was a true reflection of her personality. She chose to incorporate love birds as part of the wedding design – from the save-the-date cards and invitations to the table numbers and seating chart – no detail was left unplanned. She chose white chair covers with Tiffany blue organza sashes. She also chose to do a candy buffet as the favors. Her sister-in-law, Tara, did an amazing job putting it all together!

Unfortunately, no amount of praying kept the rain away that evening and we had to move the ceremony inside. We were so bummed that we couldn't have it outside like we had planned. However, when I saw the faces of the guests as they walked into the reception room, I was floored! People kept saying how stunning the room looked and how much they loved the colors together. The up-lighting, the amazing centerpieces, and the beautiful gobo-light helped make the room come alive. It was just how Briana had envisioned it! The rest of the night was filled with heartfelt toasts, yummy food and some hilarious dancing! It was so awesome to watch two people, who were so obviously meant for each other, celebrate their wedding. They both have such wonderful families and friends and there was no shortage of laughter and hugs as they celebrated their two families coming together.

Briana and Chuck - You two definitely know how to party! Thank you so much for letting me be a part of your special day! I wish you both nothing but the best as husband and wife!

{Thanks to the following vendors for your amazing work!}

Aly Morford, The Vines Leaf
Joe Rosenberger, Today's the Day Weddings
Joseph, Invisible Touch
Susan Sabo, Susan Sabo Photography
Laura Lovato, Doubletree, San Pedro
Donna Badger-Nell, Invitations Unlimited
Von Stegall, DVS Mobile DJ Service
Nevada Prewitt, Officiant

Pictures to be posted soon...
In the mean time, the beautiful bride.

2 comments:

  1. Kym,
    It would never have been so perfect without your help. Thank you so much for all of your input and support along the way and especially on our wedding day. You did an amazing job! Much Love and Thanks to you for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it was *such* a beautiful event! You did do a great job! And I promise to have pictures for you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete