Monday, March 7, 2011

Conners - Party of 3


Ughhh…I hate this! Again, it’s been almost 5 months since I last updated our blog. Where has time gone? A lot has happened in the past 5 months and I mean a lot!

For starters, we are adding another member to our family and this time it’s not a puppy. That’s right – Conners, Party of 2, has officially become Conners, Party of 3! We found out last November, that I am pregnant and couldn’t be more excited! The third member of our family is set to arrive on July 15th, 2011. Here’s the journal entry from our baby website:

“November 2, was the day I found out our lives were about to change forever! I had already had a MAJOR suspicion that I might be pregnant. That whole week prior, I had been feeling really queasy. I also noticed that my sense of smell was out of control! At first, I thought it might all be in my head, and that I was trying to hard to look for signs that I could be pregnant. But after a whole week of symptoms that just wouldn't quit, I started to get that feeling that I had heard some of my girlfriends talk about - "Sometimes...you just know". I was really anxious to take a pregnancy test but I kept telling myself, I didn't want to take one too early and have it come back negative - because then I would have really been confused. But of course, my lack of patience got the best of me and I took a test on Saturday, Oct 30th, the morning before I was going to go coordinate a wedding. I took the test at my good friend Gigi's house and she warned me to prepare for anything! As we thought, it came back negative. I tried not to think about it because I knew there was a big chance that it was just too early and that I could still possibly be pregnant.

About 3 days later, I decided that it was time to take another test. I wasn't feeling that great so I left work early to meet Andrew at home. Together, we sat and waited a WHOLE 3 MINUTES before I ran back into the bathroom to check the window on the pregnancy test. It read "Pregnant"!! "See...I knew it!!! I'm not crazy!!!", I told Andrew, in between wiping tears from my eyes. He had a few tears as well amidst some laughter. I can't describe the feeling any better than pure joy and excitement! As much as I thought I could be pregnant, it wasn't real until that test said so. So many thoughts ran through my head that day and night but most of all, I continued to thank God throughout the day that he blessed us with a little one on the way! It is such a miracle and it continues to sink in each day that we are going to be someone's Mommy and Daddy in a matter of 9 months! We couldn't be more excited and look forward to sharing this experience with our friends and family.”

I am now almost 22 weeks along which is half way there! Oh and we are having a BOY! All of our Doctors’ appointments have confirmed that Baby C is healthy and progressing along just perfectly! We are calling him Baby C because we haven’t yet decided on his name. (Stay tuned). Surprisingly, these past 5 months have flown by. I guess it helps when you are busy with the holidays, work, weddings, and the like. I have been feeling really good lately and made some progress on Baby C’s nursery. I will post pictures once it’s complete! It has been so fun preparing for the arrival of our little guy. I have started to build his wardrobe with a few things that I just couldn’t pass up in the store.

All in all, we are so blessed to have a healthy baby thus far and we can’t wait to meet our little guy in a few short months. We know he will change our lives forever – in the best way possible! Thanks to everyone for all your continued love and support over the past year. We are so grateful to be surrounded with amazing family and friends and we know that Baby C will be one loved (and spoiled) kiddo!

{Some pics of my belly over the past 5 months}
13 weeks


15 weeks


17 weeks


19 weeks


20 weeks

1 comment:

  1. We are so thrilled for you both!!! You will make exceptional parents!!! <3 All of our love, Colby and Kelsey

    ReplyDelete