Thursday, January 28, 2010

All Mine!

Yesterday, we found out that one of our favorite home decor stores, Homeology, is going out of business. I am so sad because our long time family friend is the owner and I just adore all the things they have in their shop.

I have been in the market now for a while for a chandelier for either our dining room or our second bedroom. I have searched far and wide and just couldn't find what I was looking for. Either it was perfect - but too expensive, or affordable - but Ugly! We were at Homeology last Saturday and I came across a beautiful white chandelier that I fell in love with! I could just picture it hanging above our dining room table, or hanging in our second bedroom above my desk. (I also secretly pictured it some day hanging in a little girl's bedroom). However, no surprise, the price tag was more than I wanted to pay - $130.00. So I said my goodbye's and parted ways...

Then I heard that the store was closing and everything was going to be marked down to 50% off! As sad as I am that they are going out of business, I was so excited because now I can feel better (my husband won't beat me) about buying the "once too expensive" chandelier for my house! Yeah!!! Today is the first day of the sale, so I sent my mom in since the store is open from 11-5 and I inconveniently work from 9-6 (I swear - work gets in the way of everything!). She sent me a picture message when she got there to make sure I still wanted it - like I forgot what it looked like - silly mom. She said I had to decide quick because another lady was looking at buying it. I think I set the record for fastest text message when I replied back to her "BUY IT NOW!"

So moral of the story - the beautiful white chandelier is ALL MINE! I can't wait to get home and tell Andrew that I have a new project for him.

(Don't worry Mom - I was only half way kidding that Andrew would beat me)

Ta Da!!

No comments:

Post a Comment