Monday, December 21, 2009

Jana's Baby Shower














Let me start by saying that this post is a way over due!

On Saturday, October 17th, I threw a baby shower for one of my closest friends, Jana. She was due on November 28th, and had a baby boy - Hunter Thomas Harrelson. When she first told me I could help her cousin throw a shower for her, I was so excited! Usually, I am busy coordinating and planning weddings for people, so I was ready for a new challenge. Not to mention, I am always looking at cute stuff for baby showers, just in case I get the chance to throw one. Well, here was my chance!

Jana and her husband Brian, decided on a Kansas City Cheifs (football) theme for baby Hunter's nursery...which was obviously Brian's fabulous idea. I knew Jana was bummed that she couldn't do her baby blue, white and brown nursery so I appropriately decided to make that the theme of the shower. So everything, and I mean everything, had to be baby blue, white and brown.

Since I'm all about details, I had a lot of ideas for decorations. I made Jana a banner that said "Hunter" which hung over a clothesline of baby clothes...all blue, white and brown of course. The centerpieces were white diapers rolled up and tied with blue and brown ribbon. All the plates, tablecloths, napkins, cups and silverware were baby blue, white and brown.

One of my favorite projects for this shower was a "candy bar". I had all the candy jars and scoops leftover from my wedding so I decided it would be fun to have a candy buffet for the shower favors - especially since the mom-to-be loves sweets! I got all baby blue, white and brown colored candies - and of course, Junior Mints - Jana's favorite! I made little tags for all the candy jars and we set it up on the counter in the kitchen. It was a major hit!

We set-up a drink station of water, soda, lemonade and sangria. The food table included pasta salad, a walnut/strawberry green salad, artichoke dip, sandwiches and a fruit salad. And for dessert, we made cupcakes with blue and white frosting and brown sprinkles. I also ordered the most adorable hand-made cupcake toppers from Etsy.

All in all, the shower was a big success. Jana was so happy with how everything turned out and loved all the little details. We had about 40 of Jana's closest friend and family at the shower. It was so fun to meet some of her extended family that had traveled from Missouri. You could tell that Jana is so loved and that Hunter will be one spoiled little baby!

Jana - I know I've told you this a bunch of times, but you and Brian are going to be amazing parents! Baby Hunter is so lucky to have you both as his mommy and daddy! Thanks for letting me be part of this experience.

I love you both...
xoxo
Also - a big thanks to Nicole and Gigi for taking pictures all day. We had over 250 of them! Love you girls...

No comments:

Post a Comment