Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I'm going to miss you...


On Thanksgiving morning, one of my close friends and boss, Clint Hubbard, passed away in a tragic accident. He was leaving a bar on Wednesday night, and was in an altercation with a couple that was walking to their car. He got punched in the face - one time - and that one punch, bursted a blood vessel in his head and he was left brain dead. His family took him off life support on Saturday, after donating all of his organs. Clint was an amazing boss and and an even better friend. I had the pleasure of working for him the past 2 and 1/2 years as his assistant. He made work so much more enjoyable for me. He was always making everyone around him smile and had such a contagious laugh. He treated me like a little sister, which of course meant that he teased me all the time. But he also looked out for me and always made me feel appreciated. He would always joke about giving me weekly "bonuses" for all my hard work - which were usually nothing more than a paper clip or a nickel that he would throw at me from across his office. He would often take Amber and I out to lunch to California Fish Kitchen and we would have a great time just hanging out and talking.

Today was the first day back to work since the Thanksgiving break. Staring at his empty office across from me, absolutely breaks my heart. I so badly want him to walk around the corner and for this all to be a big joke. Amber and I, and some of Clint's closest friends, went to California Fish Kitchen today to eat lunch together in memory of Clint. It definitely wasn't the same without him.

Clint - We had such a special friendship and I am going to miss you so much! You were way too young and had such a bright future ahead of you. You brightened my day and made my job so much more fun. I will miss the paper clips and coins that you threw at me more than you know. This office will never be the same without you. I know you are in a better place now and I hope you can look down on us and know how dearly you will be missed by everyone. We love you and will never forget you!

Love,
Kimberly "aka - Michael Johnson"

1 comment:

  1. oh LGIW I'm so sorry. That is just awful..what a terrible thing to happen on Thanksgiving of all days. I'm sure that whatever this altercation was over wasn't worth taking this poor guys life. I'll keep you and your co-workers in our thoughts and prayers. He certainly is in a better place now.
    love you!!

    ReplyDelete