Thursday, June 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Avery


June 3rd was my niece Avery's 9th birthday. Avery wanted to celebrate her birthday at Lake Mission Viejo on a party boat with 6 of her closest friends. Guess who was one of her friends?? Me!! I was so honored she chose me to be part of her birthday party celebration. My sister-in-law packed a lunch for all the girls and got us all goodie bags with a pair of flip flops and some candy. We cruised around the lake listening to Michael Jackson who is Avery's favorite artist! I never though hanging out with a bunch of nine years old could be so much fun!

I can't believe that Avery is a nine year old. I have known her since she was 2 years old and it has been so much fun watching her grow up. She is the sweetest girl and has such a funny personality. The best thing about her is that she absolutely adores her Auntie Kym. In fact, she insisted that there be an "Auntie Day" since we celebrate Mother's Day and Father's Day. Could she be any more adorable?? She has decided that Auntie day is June 19th. I am excited to see what she has planned for us! Avery and I have so much fun when we hang out, especially now that she is getting into shopping, pedicures and just hanging with the girls. It's kind of like having a little sister. She is always telling my that I'm her favorite Auntie - and of course I tell her that she is my favorite niece (even though she's my only niece).

I am so blessed to have married into such an amazing family. Not only do I adore Avery, but I also love Landon, Jeff and Erin. They have always made me feel like part of their family...even when we weren't sure if I would ever officially join! :) I love the Otsuji's and I can't wait until we have kids of our own because I know Avery and Landon will be the best cousins ever!

Happy Birthday Avery! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment